can be made online
Election campaigns are costly to run. The new Municipal Elections Act limits the amount of money a candidate can contribute to their own campaign.
A contribution to my campaign would be greatly appreciated and could be eligible for the City’s partial rebate program.
Personal contributions can be made by:
- interac e-transfer
- personal cheque
- online by credit card
Markham residents may be entitled to receive a contribution rebate of up to 75% from the City:
- from $50 to $200 will receive a 75% rebate from the City. A $100 donation would receive a $75 rebate
- from $201 – $1200 will receive a $150 rebate
- rebates are best maximized by splitting contributions among spouses and voting age children.
- maximum allowable contribution per person is $1200
- Markham voters and permanent residents living in Markham may be eligible for a rebate
- contributors must be residents of Ontario
- up to $5,000 total can be donated to multiple candidates seeking election in Markham
- corporations or trade unions may NOT contribute to campaigns
Should you have any questions, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.